a worthy heart

one who lives by grace and believes by faith

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

opposites of anger

the opposite of anger = patience, peace, self-control
the opposite of angry = calm, happy, pleased, satisfied

patience = endurance without murmuring, composure, not easily provoked, submissive
peace = a state of quiet, calm, freedom from war
self-control = control exercised over one self
calm = still
pleased = to delight, to gratify, to give pleasure, to be kind
satisfied = to gratify fully, to content, to fulfill the claims of, to answer, to free from doubt, make amends

some words that go with anger = resentment(revengeful feeling), irritate
some words that go with angry = provoked(to stimulate), wrathful(violent anger, rage, fury), resentful

So perhaps when you, or someone else, is angry ask your Daddy and King for some patience, peace, self-control, (which are all fruits of the spirit) and most highly love to get you through. Just a thought. I know I need to apply this now into my own life. Not only do we need to ask for it, it will be given so, we need to walk in it. Trust Him. He'll do the work in you and through you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christa said...

Salina I read your last post as well as this one. I'm not too sure what to say, except let God be the one to change you. You are very aware of areas that need work, but you cannot change them on your own. Look at what you are, not what you think you should be, or what you could be. Look at who you have become, and let God's love and peace still you.

12:22 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christa...
thank you. All of me needs work. I just want to be like my daddy. Less of me and more of him. I am glad that He does the work in me, I alone would just mess it up more. It is sometimes hard though to just be and let him do the work 'cause His timing is different than mine...sometimes I think it is much slower but I know it is better so therefore I want it. It's also hard to look at what I am because I dislike that a lot of the time because I see so much yuckiness. I so often believe - trying to break this - that I haven't grown and so to look at what I have become seems so lame and pityful but at the same time I know, or I believe by faith, that God has done wonderful things in and through me and again, His timing is better than mine. Letting God's love and peace still me is exactly it. I am working on receiving that more and more cause I know that in those areas is where I don't have to worry or think about my progress, or lack there of. Does this make sence?
Serena...
I prayed for you tonight after fropping you off after youth. i prayed for both of us. That we would apply! So be it that we would apply peace, patience and self-control in the areas in our lives that get us easily angered. So be it that we would apply. AMEN. (amen means so be it).

12:21 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home