a worthy heart

one who lives by grace and believes by faith

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada

Friday, April 21, 2006

Get it

This morning I was watching Joyce Meyer, as I try to every day, and she was talking about confidence. Right away I thought 'uh oh'! Confidence is something I lack. Not in all areas but in many. I would love to speak. I feel like I can't. I have nothing to say or something. I do but that is an excuse. I don't mean to pull it out but I do, unconsciously. I am afraid.

So I started crying and had a little conversation with God.
What would I teach?
The word and your life.
I don't know your word.
Yes you do.
Not well enough to teach it. I might start to learn it when I go to school in September. No, I want to know it now.
Than study it.

He has said this to me many times before. We've had this conversation almost repetitively. But this time was different. He said then study it and I could not continue crying. It hit me. I was shocked and I got it. Study it. Stop complaining and work it through. A pause for me to get it and the conversation continued:

How? I don't know how.
Yes you do. You do study it now. You want to know it and I see your heart. Trust in me and I will lead you. Remember your prophetic word. I will teach you. I'll teach you things that you others can't teach by reading the word, listening to a sermon or singing and worshiping. That this is gonna be something of an experience that your going to be able to share with others. Your gonna walk into the holy of holies, where many people have not been, and your gonna be able to describe. And when you start to say it and speak it and bring understanding to it, that others are going to just melt in the presence of the Lord. I am making you a handmaiden, something special. I will groom you. You are in preparation. Just trust me, my daughter. Your Daddy can open doors that no man can close and close doors no man can open. You are also yearning after who you are in Christ. That part of your journey will help you with confidence. Remember also going over my word and learning, transforming your mind, who you are in Christ. What I think of you. Remember John 5 when Jesus is talking about me testifying about Him. You know I do that for you. I see you reading those often to remind your self that I testify for you. Keep doing that. I love you. I love you. I love you. I long for you to drown in my love. I love you.

I was crying cause I felt not smart enough, not called to speak, not having enough confidence to do what burns in my heart, not knowing what to do or say until that time came. I expected almost like to wake up one day and have a sermon in my mind and then go and preach it. I believe that will happen to me one day but it's a process. God just spoke right to my heart and I just couldn't cry anymore. I love getting shocked by his voice and love. I may cry now or later just in thankfulness. He is amazing.

I stopped watching Joyce to write this so I am going to go back now...Pausing and writing as I go.
Confidence to a believer is like fuel to a jet. We have everything we need, it is a choice to withdraw it from our account. Just because we have something doesn't mean we use it. Pray for faith, ok, but use it! Use the faith that you have. Everyone has a measure of faith, use it. I have confidence because Christ is in me. God did not give us a spirit of fear but of love, power and self-discipline. Do it afraid. It's not the end of the world if I make a mistake. Failing doesn't make you a failure. If you miss God, He'll find you and get you back on track. People live this itty bitty lives but Jesus died so we could have a big life. Fear not doesn't mean don't feel afraid, it means don't bow down to fear. Do it afraid. Fear means to set flight or run away. Fear not means to stand strong and keep going forward when things look frightening. You can do whatever I tell you you can do. Satan uses fear to keep us from making progress. Confidence is the belief that you are able and acceptable. We are made acceptable in the beloved. Confidence cause people to be bold, open and plain. It is a blood bought right to be confident. Stop the if's of life and just do something.

I hope ya'll are blessed in someway and thanks for peeking in on my journey.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chaquita said...

Hi Salina,
May God hold you close to His heart and teach you to rest in His Love. You HAVE been given every spiritual blessing! :)
Have a super day,
Cara

12:41 a.m.  
Blogger mayglitch said...

Oh - that is so good. By reading that I can see you and I have some of the same struggles. And, by reading that I can also see that you do have a gift for teaching.. an incredible gift and you just proved it.
Hugs,
me.

12:51 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home