a worthy heart

one who lives by grace and believes by faith

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada

Saturday, February 18, 2006

clanging cymbals? no?

I haven't written in quite some time.
Writing now, am I just writing to have a blog to please other people?
Is my motivation love? Probably not. Am I just a resounding gong right now?
I don't want that. I hate that. Is that what I am doing? and yet...
every time I do write on this here blog, something come out that I hope encourages or challenges another.
1 Corinthians 13:1-3 is about speaking in tongues, moving in prophesy, having faith to move mountains, and giving to the poor, BUT it all meaning nothing if we don't HAVE love. Get this. The NIV translation says if we don't HAVE love, not doing it IN love. I have love. God is love. I have God. God has me. He, the spirit, is in me. IN ME.
Let me check some other translations...
The message says: but don't love...but I don't love....I'm bankrupt without love. So I take this as an action word. Love is an action?! There are times when I don't love. There are times when I do things without love. Are there? If God is love, and God is in me, how can I do things without Him? I think it is possible. But I don't want that. I hate that. Is that what I am doing? I concur that we are bankrupt without love.
The NLT says almost the same as the message. Didn't love others...didn't love others...without love I would be no good to anybody...didn't love others, I would be of no value whatsoever. Interesting.
Maybe they go together.
Maybe we need to have love. We need to have God. I need God. God is love. I need love. I want God. I love His love.
Maybe, surely, we need love to give love. Once we have love, lets use it. That is where the action part comes in. Love does a lot of things.
Take all this into consideration; think; pray; act.
Word of God speak. Would you pour down your rain, washing my eyes to see your majesty. To be still and know that you're in this place. Please let me stay and rest in your holiness. Word of God speak.
TRANSFORM.
I'm sure this blog could be longer. I come on and I wasn't gonna write at all and now look.
I want to sleep. I should sleep. This temple needs rest to continue to be healthy for the one who dwells inside.
I've had a long, wonderful day.
Thank you Wendy and Karen for saying yes to God and being bold enough to share. Bless you. Thank you God for many things at Fuel.
So much more...must stop typing...good night.

2 Comments:

Blogger mayglitch said...

I love you! *giggle*

I don't think you have to worry about not having enough love Salina. You do. It overflows in abudance out of your hugs, your life, your words, your actions, your prayers, (am I forgetting anything?), everything!

Lastly, you sounded like you needed to download some thoughts before bed. That happens to me all the time! Have a wonderful, peaceful week! Thanks for being you!

10:11 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

greetings www.salinaw.blogspot.com admin found your blog via search engine but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found website which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your site http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my blog. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com

12:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home